IRCA is committed to protecting the health and safety of
everybody involved with our activities, the people who come into contact with
our operations and the physical and natural environments in which the work.
We aspire to high standards of practice through a process of continuous
improvement and the adoption of international codes and standards where
· Ensure that our operations comply with applicable
health, safety and environmental laws and regulations.
· Implement controls to protect all personnal
involved in our activities, to prevent Pollution and to protect
· Provide health, safety and environmental training to
our employees and actively promote awareness of health, safety and
· Ensure that our subcontractors are aware of policies
and standards and where necessary, work with our contractors to raise
there standards to meet them.
· Foster a culture where accidents, incidents and near
misses are reported and investigated and the lessons learned are shared
throughout the organization.
· Monitor our performance and conduct regular audits to
ensure our controls are effective and that our health, safety and
environmental aspirations are being achieved.
Set objectives and targets for improving health, safety
and environmental performance and monitor and report openly on our
· Ensure that a high priority is placed on emergency
preparedness and contingency planning, and regularly tested, so that any
incidents can be responded to in a timely and effective manner.
· Work with Government and regulatory bodies in the
formulation of improvement of laws, policies, regulations and procedures
aimed at protecting health, safety and the environment.
· Consult with and respond to the concerns of other
stakeholders on our health, safety and environmental performance.
Responsibility for compliance with IRCA’s HSE policy and
standards lies with the Chief Executive, Directors,
Managers and their staff.
Effective Date: January 2007
Head of Operations